Nama Sankirtan – Srila Narayana Maharaja
hari haraye namaḥ kṛṣṇa yādavāya namaḥ
yādavāya mādhavāya keśavāya namaḥ
gopāla govinda rāma śrī-madhusūdana
giridhārī gopīnātha madana-mohana
hari guru vaiṣṇaba bhāgavata gītā
śrī-rūpa sanātana bhaṭṭa-raghunātha
śrī-jīva gopāla-bhaṭṭa dāsa-raghunātha
ei chay gosāir kori caraṇa vandan
jāhā hoite bighna-nāś abhīṣṭa-pūraṇ
ei chay gosāi jār—mui tār dās
tā-sabāra pada-reṇu mora pañca-grās
tādera caraṇa-sebi-bhakta-sańe bās
janame janame hoy ei abhilāṣ
ei chay gosāi jabe braje koilā bās
rādhā-kṛṣṇa-nitya-līlā korilā prakāś
ānande bolo hari bhaja bṛndāban
śrī-guru-vaiṣṇaba-pade majāiyā man
śrī-guru-vaiṣṇaba-pada-padma kori āś
nāma-sańkīrtana kohe narottama dāsa
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Hari Haraye Namah Krsna Yadavaya Namah
1) Hari! Obeisances to Lord Hari, unto Krsna, and Yadava. Obeisances to Lord of the Yadus, Madhava, Kesava.
2) Gopala! Govinda! Rama! O vanquisher of Madhu! Giridhari! Lord of the gopis! Bewilderer of cupid!
3) Sri Caitanya, Nityananda, Sri Advaita-Sita! Hari! Guru! Vaisnavas! Srimad Bhagavatam! Bhagavad Gita!
4) All glories to Srila Rupa Goswami, Sanatana Goswami and Raghunatha Bhatta Goswami, to Srila Jiva Goswami, Gopala Bhatta Goswami, and Raghunatha Dasa Goswami!
5) I bow to the feet of these six Goswamis. By their grace, our obstacles can be destroyed and all desires are fulfilled.
6) I am the servant of these six Goswamis. The dust of their lotus feet is my fivefold subsistence.
7) To be a servant of their lotus feet and to reside in the company of devotees–this is my aspiration birth after birth.
8) When these six Goswamis lived in Vraja, they revealed the eternal pastimes of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna.
9) In ecstasy, sing the name of Lord Hari and worship Vrndavana, joyfully fixing your mind upon the lotus feet of the bona-fide spiritual master and the pure devotees.
10) The lotus feet of my guru and the Vaisnavas are my aspiration. Narottama Dasa thus sings Hari-nama sankirtana.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This is a very popular kirtana song. Verses 5 to 10 are usually excluded in kirtan.
The first verse was originally sung by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
A note from the editors: We’re pleased you’re joining the conversation. In support of free expression, we ask that our comments are constructive and respectful. Thank you.
Excerpt from a class delivered at the New Braj Festival 2005 by Srila Gurudeva Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja Srila Gurudeva Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja requested the devotees to sing Nanda-nandanastakam and Radha-krpa-kataksha-stava-raja. He...read more
Excerpt from a lecture on Bhagavad-gita 13.8-12 by Srila Prabhupada - Mumbai, 5 October 1973 [... from 03:45 min onwards] o this is our...read more
Jaya Rādhe! by Manjari Dasi Celebrating Radhastami this year by offering up this new song by Manjari dasi. ALSO READ: “They May Smash Our Buildings, but Not Our Beliefs” Eviction of the Samadhi of Gour Govinda Swami and Bhajan Kutir of Srila Prabhupada Brutal...read more