by Brajanath das
Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Jayate!
We offer our unlimited dandavat pranams to all the Vaisnavas and Vaisnavis.
For different reasons, mainly due to the absence of Srila Gurudeva’s physical presence, our Parikram has become decentralized. This became evident during this year’s Kartik when quite a number of devotees decided to visit the Holy Pastime places in small groups. By Srila Gurudeva’s causeless mercy all experienced him in the centre and thus it became a great success. The devotees expressed how they experienced the guidance and inspiration of Srila Gurudeva in a very special way.
Many of these devotees requested that we arrange for an additional parikram of Sri Navadvip Mandala, starting on the 27th of February until the 4th of March. We are very happy to announce that this will be possible, and we cordially invite you and your friends to participate.
The following is a partial list of devotees who will be participating in one or more ways. Some of these devotees have kindly offered to assist by taking out a small parikrama party for whomever desires to accompany them:
- Sripad B.V. Bhagavat Maharaja
- Sripad B.V. Padmanabha Maharaja
- Sripad B.V. Sajjan Maharaja
- Sripad B.V. Srauti Maharaja
- Sripad B.V. Tridandi Maharaja
- Sripad B.V. Vaikhanas Maharaja
- Srimati Syamarani Dasi (partial participation)
- Rohininandan Prabhu – Delhi
- Sriman Brajanath Prabhu & Srimati Vrinda-devi dasi
- Sriman Yasodanandan Prabhu
There will be daily classes, kirtans, bhajans and beautiful, powerful hari-katha at the Holy Pastime places we visit. Room accommodation will be available in the guesthouse of our Sri Kesavji Gaudiya Math. The tentative Navadvip parikram schedule will be as follows:
Thursday, 27 February 2014
Adhivasa Festival of Sri Navadvipa-dhama Parikrama (Festival that marks the beginning of our parikrama). Sankalpa (taking of vows) at the
(1) Sri Godrumadvipa (“kirtanakhya”) – After touching the Ganga and offering obeisances to the direction of Sri Gaura-Yogapitha in Sridhama Mayapura, there will be a procession to Swarupaganja, Gadigacha, Surabhi-kunja, Svananda-sukhada-kunja, Hari Hari Ksetra, Suvarna-vihara. Return and prasadam at Sri Keshavaji Gaudiya Math.
Friday, 28 February 2014 +Śiva-rātri (fast – Ekādaśī preparations only)
(2) Sri Madhyadvipa (“smaranakhya”). Hansvahana, Vamanapura, Anandavasa, Hatdanga and Majida and Narasimha Palli. Prasadam and rest at Sri Keshavji Gaudiya Math.
Saturday, 01 March 2014 +Break fast 05:59 – 09:52
(3) Sri Koladvipa (“padasevanakhya”) – Gadakhalir Kola, Tegharira Kola, Koleramada, Kolera Ganga, Kolera Daha, Samudra Gadha and Campahati.
(4) Sri Ritudvipa (“arcanakhya”) – Ratupura.
Sunday, 02 March 2014
(5) Sri Rudradvipa (“sakhyakhya”) – Rudrapada, Sankapura, Idrakapura and Gangera danga.
(6) Sri Simantadvipa (“sravanakhya”) – Simuliya, Saradanga, Meghara Cada, Belapukura, Samadhi darsana of Srila Jagannatha dasa Babaji Maharaja in the town of Navadvipa, Paudamatala (Praudha-maya-sthana). Ekadasi lunch prasadam at Sri Kesavji Gaudiya Matha, Navadvipa.
Monday, 03 March 2014
(7) Sri Antardvipa (“atmanivedanakhya”) – Sri Gaura Janmabhita in Sridhama Mayapura, Srivasa Angan, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Sri Caitanya Gaudiya Matha (Sri Candrasekhar Bhavan), Samadhi Mandira of Jagad-guru Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupada, Sridhara Angan, Sri Murari Gupta pata, and Chand Kazi’s Samadhi. Lunch prasadam Sri Candrasekhar Bhavan.
Tuesday, 04 March 2014
(8) Sri Jahnudvipa (“vandanakhya”) – Jannagara (Jahnumimisthan) and Vidyanagara (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya pata).
(9) Sri Modrumadvipa (“dasyakhya”) – Mamagachi (Sri Vrindavana dasa Thakura pata). Noon prasadam and rest. On the way back – Arkatila and Ekadala and Matapura (Panca-pandavera-ajnatvasa).
Your kind contribution towards prasadam of daily Rs.100 will be greatly appreciated. There are different room accommodations available: rooms in the guesthouse of our Math and rooms outside our Math property. As they vary in prices, we suggest that you rent your own accommodation. You can contact Srimati Vrinda-devi dasi for assistance; she will be your representative in speaking with the guesthouse management and village room owners.
Please confirm your participation as soon as is possible by e-mail to Vrinda-devi dasi at email@example.com, as well as for assistance with your accommodation and transportation to and from airport.
The General Board of Srila Gurudeva’s International Pure Bhakti Yoga Society will have meetings on the 5th, 6th and 7th of March, from 3.00 pm until 7.00 pm.
In addition to this parikram, there will be arrangements made for devotees who would like to visit Sri Jagannath Puri dham either before or after the 16th of March.
From March 11th till March 15th the traditional Sri Navadvipa-dham parikram will be held, and on March 16th there will be celebration of the divine appearance of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in Sri Navadvipa-dham.
We look forward to serve you,
Insignificant, aspiring sevaks of Sri Guru and Vaisnavas,
Swami B.V. Tridandi, Swami B.V. Padmanabha, Swami B.V. Sajjan, Brajanath dasa, Yasodanandan dasa